Monday, August 30, 2010

Travel first worry later

After graduation the dream of every fresh graduate is to land a job. This is because there is this notion that it is hard to land a job especially in times like these. And also that if a job opportunity is there grab it immediately.
But what if you are presented with an opportunity to travel? Like all expenses paid and all you have to do is just pack and go. What will you choose? Job or travel?

If you choose to work then thats your decision. But I believe that there are a lot of opportunities to land a job and that when presented with an opportunity to travel I just had to grab it.

Just like how the Westerners would do it. After they would graduate from a University they would go back packing for a couple of months to just about any where. This is because they know that once they work they won't have that free time that they will soon crave for.

If I had worked then I wouldn't see the Vatican and eat Gelato while walking around Rome.

Or I wouldn't touring be the Estadio Santiago de Bernabeu

Or I wouldn't be enjoying a Baguette while going around Paris and the Eiffel Tower.

A lot of people talk about travelling one day. A lot talk about one day experiencing this and that. Sometimes they do this to make themselves feel better. Instead of imagining what may be I would rather experience it because that is the best teacher.

Travel has made me find who I really am, who I want to be and where I want to go. It is safe to say that the travel bug has bitten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment