Saturday, August 14, 2010

K.O.

Once you've taken a few punches and realize that you are not made of glass, you don't feel alive unless you are pushing yourself as far as you can go. - Matt Buckner (Green Street Hooligans 2004)

I will be the first to admit that I am not a fighter. I am not a bad ass. I can't beat anybody up. I am more of a lover and a peace keeper than a fighter. But then again I was in the main event of the URCC University Challenge 2008. Why did I do it?

I did it because the opportunity was there to headline a fight card and also because I had to step in for my friend. I didn't have much training at all but I didn't care, the opportunity was there and I did what I always do and that is grabbing it.

The article: Inquirer column

Yes I made somewhat of a fool of myself on national TV. Yes I got the beat down of a lifetime. But I am proud of that. I am proud that I was tough enough to say yes when most men would give excuses. I was humbled and that experience only made me stronger. It made me realize that I need to train harder and prepare myself for whatever life may throw at me. It made me push myself to the limit and it disciplined me.

The video: Inquirer video

No comments:

Post a Comment