Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sore Loser

Growing up, my mom once told me that whenever I would enter a competition or a battle or a fight, that if I do succumb to the pressure of the situation that I am and I fail I must take it as a man. She added that I shouldn't fuss about it and leave the field of battle with my head held high because I did my best however my opponent was simply better. That was how it was suppose to be that whenever you would fail that you should accept it and learn from it, because it is in learning that we better ourselves. However times have changed! Whenever people would lose they would shout "Foul play!", they would refuse to accept defeat because of greed and because they refuse to accept the fact that other people are simply better than them.

Why do we result to crying foul whenever defeat comes our way? Why can't we accept that in certain instances that people are better than us and that we can't always win? Maybe its because we let pride get in the way. But its not only pride that clouds us, it is also the lust for attention, for power, for glory in short greed. In the words of Jedi Master Yoda "Greed the shadow of jealousy that is." People want more, they crave for more.

People who want more are the type who are not satisfied with what they have, in some instances its a good thing. For example when we crave for success, when we want to move forward in life, when we want to get something more out of life. However the bad part is if we already have what we want and we want more and more that it already affects other people. In which, when we do not achieve it, when our greed is not satisfied we think that the person who stood in our way hit us personally and then we cry foul! When in fact it us who is playing foul because we do not appreciate what we have, we do not know when to say "I am satisfied."

Crying foul, its what losers do best when their greed is not satisfied. They can't seem to be satisfied and can't accept that at that point in time they were just second best. Sometimes it is not being the best that matters, but it is knowing that you are not the best and learn on how to be the best. No one is perfect, that is why champions work hard to reach their goals. Those who cry foul are those who are lazy, who don't want to work even harder the next time around to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment